Thursday, January 20, 2011

A year in the life of a College Freshman

Last year I went to a Page of the Month Class at my LSS. We worked on 2 page layouts learning new techniques or using new products. I used my pages for the 1st year of my daughter's college experience. These pages were so fun and I wish I could take credit for the design, but I never use this much bling on a page. I'm learning to though!

August
The freshman are assigned to small groups for orientation week. All freshman wear gold and green beanies for orientation. It is a tradition from before my husband and I attended the college!



September
Participating in intermural sthletics is so much fun! Her dorm hall team was called "Whoa"



October Fountains in the rain and an Oklahoma sunset.



November Thankful for new friendships.



December Friends are the best gift of all


January SNOW DAY!


February Sweethearts!



March
At an OBU Basketball game with roommate (cheerleader) OBU men won the National NAIA championships for their division!!! At the Little Sahara State Park sand dunes with the big brother. Intermural volleyball rocks!


April At Spring Affair (talent show)with Big Brother and his girlfriend - playing in the park



May
I really loved this layout I think it was Basic Grey Kioshi. It was fun using the file clamps and ribbons for embellishments. Toga party for English class and Cowgirl Up with the Texas girls!


June Tara worked at Falls Creek Baptist Conference Center in June & July. Times to Remember - playing Ninja in the office, the 3 accountants in their "rain slickers" and assigned golf cart. With Dutton Band showing off the socks she tie-dyed for them.


July Another favorite layout. Got to personalize the chipboard banner with title stickers. More camp friends!



Back Page
This is out of a pad - don't remember the manufacturer, but I thought it would be great for Tara to record some of her thoughts/habits/likes in college.



Front Page - layout is done, but I don't have the picture added yet. Have to consult with Tara 1st!

All done done and in an album!

5 comments:

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

SO GREAT!!! I LOVE IT KAY!!!!
~Karrilee~

Michele said...

VERY COOL Kay! Great pages! Love all the cool new things you got to learn!

Cherie said...

Love your LO's Kay! You did a fantastic job!! :o)

Denice said...

WOWZA, what a great job you did on each and every page/month! So many different techniques and embellies to gaze and wish upon....hopefully you can share some of your knowledge with us in June! :D

CarolAnn said...

I love your pages! You are very talented!